How i left smoking.

 It’s been days since i had been thinking to get rid of smoking completely. And never ever touch that again in my life. Because i go to gym and smoking made me feel very unhealthy.

     https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1q0fZkZZmKQufkLJu-T-t1UkM9bhvbsP1


After so much thinking and making plans, i still used to smoke because of those few pleasurable minutes and also because of the fact that it gives a kind of relaxation after have been worked for several hours. It let me have some time for myself and sit alone for few minutes thinking nothing, just cigarettes and myself. However, it never made me give a great feeling after sometime. Rather, it excites me to repeat it to get the same thing again.


And, there are a lot of reasons and opportunities to keep smoking for the temporary pleasures and relaxation. But the fact remains the same, which is that it is a never ending demand to get these short term fixes.


So i tried to leave this habit as soon as possible. I started making different plans like reducing it day by day and leave it completely one day. I thought like “today i will just have one”. But it did not work.


Second, i thought to avoid places where i used to smoke at and people whom i used to smoke with. It worked for some time but i again found some excuses and started again at a new different location.


Now, you might be surprising how I left cigarettes completely and got rid of them forever.


I did not do anything special and it may not work for all, but i gave it a try.


One day, when no plans were working, i thought to smoke as much as i can in a particular day. I started from morning and continued till night. Means whenever i got the chance, i smoked. I searched for every small opportunity and excuse to do it.


In evening when i was smoking, i thought that it is going to be my last cigarette of the day, but after some time one of my friends, after getting relieved from work, asked me to go to the near by cafeteria and smoke again. I instantly agreed as i thought of doing so.


And i again smoked. Then i went home, took a bath and had my dinner. Till now i had gotten a strong headache that I was, anyhow, able to bear. Though it was hurting a lot, but i also had this good feeling that now is the time to rethink about smoking and never ever touch them again. At this time my mind, my body and my heart worked together and they all came out to be a great match for each other and took one of the best decisions of my life.


Now, it seemed quite easy that i left cigarettes just like that as it seems while telling to others, but it really was very hard when i think of the ways that i tried and failed, i think of how much i was addicted to this and also didn’t feel good but still chasing them for few minutes relaxation.


There are, though, great books on how to quit smoking and they work for many people but not for all. So, what I think is that there are some practical and random says that you should try on yourself and get rid of this habit.


Enough is enough. Now you have tried it and got to know how it is good for few seconds and how it is bad enough to destroy your whole life giving you uncountable diseases.


At a point i admit that you have been working very hard, you study good, you eat good, but somewhere you have adapted this bad habit just because of a simple misunderstanding that it gives you pleasure and makes you relax from all of your problems.


    https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1l9Xp-1lm9y5rLkdbAOtQeHYrqLeUiUqG

Another thing you might think that it looks fancy and attractive when you smoke and exhale smoke outside of your mouth in different styles, but trust me, it is one of the biggest illusions that you have been blindly having in your mind.


If any one young boy looks up to you and catch this habit from you, you are, then, making a chain causing a lot of others to suffer. It is also true that it is individual that starts on his own, but there must be a reason or attraction for that start. And that may be you. So, stop it and live a healthy life.


     https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-CgtMPgWWVItD4xcTl57gCmjQnSZ9xSY


It really feels very full and healthy and young when you exercise, eat good food and practice healthy habits for yourself. As ultimately it’s your life not anyone else’s.


Practice it leaving in your way.

Post a Comment

0 Comments